02 August 2010

Online Book Club #3

I Am a Genius of Unspeakable Evil and I Want to be Your Class President by Josh Lieb (in about 100 words)

From the outside Oliver Watson seems to be a (below) average 8th grader from Omaha, Nebraska. In reality, he is an evil supergenius whose aspirations include taking over the world. However, for now, he’s going to settle for being 8th grade class president just to make his father feel utterly stupid. You wouldn’t think that becoming class president would be all that difficult for the fourth richest person in the world, but you might just be wrong. Even with a legion of henchman, near uncountable amounts of wealth, and more intelligence that a NASA physicist class presidency might still be out of Oliver’s reach.

Now it's your turn to read and respond.

Week #1 Question
1. If you had Oliver's resources, what would you do first?

2. Do you think Oliver is really evil?

3. Did you want him to win in the end? Yes or no. Why?

4. Speaking of endings, what did you think about the change in the author's tone at the end of the book? Did you think he was staying true to his character or was he just trying to get a message across?

2 comments:

  1. To answer question 1...

    I totally want Oliver's underground fortress. I think I might build one of those under my house!

    And to question 2...

    I think the jury is still out on that one. He's definitely self-centered and occasionally morally challenged, but I'm not sure if he's really evil or not.

    ReplyDelete